We are excited to finally announce one of our biggest, and arguably most important, clients of 2018:
The busiest CEO in the world!
As you can imagine, as Santa Inc. gears up for the Big Night, they see a seasonal elf employment spike. To ensure the absolute integrity of their mission, the organization needs to check every elf they on-board to make sure they meet Santa’s high standards for security clearance.
That’s where SureID comes in. With our unique fingerprinting solution, top of the line technology, and customer service expertise, we were a natural match for the North Pole team.
Ned Hayes, SureID’s General Manager, told us about how SureID landed this highly competitive contract. “Actually, I offered the SureID solution to this guy in a red suit who came down my chimney,” he said. “It was the first time I ever made a product pitch in my pajamas.” Apparently, Ned (or the cookies and cappuccino he served) made an impression, because SureID signed the deal only a couple of weeks later.
Soon after, we sent a support and field operations team to the main workshop to determine how we could best service an industrious elf population. “Before this contract, we’d only fingerprinted, on average, 1.3 elves per 1,000 submissions,” said Kristin Tomic, SureID’s Director of Support and Field Operations. “We needed to be sure we were ready to take on the challenge before the holiday crunch hit. That research was critical to our success.”
And indeed, this work had its unique challenges. Our top three:
- Geography – Though SureID has a nationwide network of over 800 fingerprinting locations, we do not yet have a location at the North Pole. That meant we had to set one up. Luckily, our SureID Registration Station is small, portable, and secure, so we were able to ship three units safely, even though the last leg of the trip involved a dogsled.
- Support and setting – Since SureID-trained technicians always assist with fingerprints, we knew we would need a top-notch team on-site and ready to work before the employment spike. We had such a team ready to assist, but they needed special training. Which lead to:
- Unique fingerprinting challenges – Elves, as you may already know, perspire glitter when they get excited. The technicians needed to learn special techniques for cleaning the station before and after the fingerprinting process. They also had to be trained to help the elves prepare for the fingerprinting experience. They set up a calming environment in which to fingerprint each elf, complete with eggnog-scented essential oil diffusers and peaceful holiday music, to keep the glitter interference at acceptable levels.
SureID is uniquely positioned to meet these challenges. With millions of fingerprints under our belt, and with the support of technology designed to meet military-grade security and functional standards, we were able to determine Santa Inc.’s unique needs, prepare for the print volume spike, and fingerprint thousands of Santa’s workshop elves in a matter of days.
And, in the process, we had a lot of fun.
When the work was done, we sat down over hot cocoa and Christmas cookies, which we decorated ourselves, to discuss how Santa Inc.’s founder felt about our efforts. “I couldn’t be happier,” Santa told us. “Why, I’ve never seen such excellent logistics outside of my crack trip planners!” Even Rudolph, Santa’s Director of Travel Logistics, gave his shiny noseprint of approval and told us he looks forward to working more directly with us next year when we’re ready for hoofprint capture.
At SureID, we love all of our customers, but some of them capture our hearts in a special way. Santa Inc. was one of those, presenting a unique challenge in an exciting and fast-paced environment with a short turnaround time. Despite the pressure, everyone at the North Pole was happy to chip in to make our fingerprinting efforts a success and promised to have us back again next year. So, to the entire North Pole team, from Santa to Rudolph to the cookie staff: thank you for the opportunity to serve you, and we look forward to helping you again next year.
Want to join Santa Inc. as one of our favorite customers? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get you the information you need!
Want to see Santa in action? Follow his progress and play in the village! You can learn exciting facts, like:
- Elves are born knowing how to juggle.
- Not all elves make toys – there are elf bakers, construction workers, mail room clerks, and more.
- Elf fingerprints have whorls, but no ridges – a surprising issue that our technicians solved in a twinkle.